Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday October 1, 2010 2:37pm Pensacola, FL

Orlando Lewbari Weekend went VERY well! Cecil and his gang at the Woodshed are the BEST! http://fetlife.com/groups/853
They made life easy for me, took care of every little thing and were consummate pros at handling organizational tricky spots, at dealing with people and most of all working with Diva Lew...lol.

I made so many new friends too! Lots of local fun folks. A couple flew down from Boston just to go to my classes! It was a very good group who learned quickly.

I knew from the beginning I had my hands full this time from how things went Friday night at the meet n greet. There were so many experienced suspension people that I got very nervous about whether I could actually teach them anything or not. Several of these people WERE NOT beginners!

Luckily as often happens in these days of the "suspension craze", many people that are very good at suspension don't have the basic ground work down well. Western style or damsel-in-distress techniques are a weak point for some and that was my saving grace. Even experienced rope people often have a weakness there, what with all the "traditional" teaching techniques around these days.

That brings up a tricky spot in how I teach and even more so, how my teaching videos are put together.

In my first teaching video, Beginning Bondage, I give people many of the tools to start playing with bondage right away, including extensive safety techniques that I believe in strongly. And as it turns out, because my ways are so simple the students get every basic tying technique I use right up through suspension. Not that I teach suspension in that first How-to but all the advanced stuff is just variations of everything I use....period.

So in the second and subsequent videos I don't go back to re-teach those basics. It's not fair to those who bought that first video to have to pay again for the same things right? I think so anyway.

So the "experts" (watch out for those!) don't buy the beginning video. They wait till the suspension videos come out and then can't follow along well.

It's PROGRESSIVE learning people! I can't think of a better way to set things up. A more fair way.

What happens so often at events is that the people who skip the beginning classes, because they don't need no stinking beginning bondage classes, find that MY beginners are better than them by the time the more advanced classes come. Kinda funny sometimes...sometimes not so funny. Like when I have to slow down the class cause an "expert" can't keep up.

Oh well, what am I gonna do right?

Put out a disclaimer? Hmmmm....not a bad idea.

Something like:

"These videos are taught in a progressive manner. In other words if you buy them out of order I cannot be responsible for what you didn't learn by skipping some!

Ha ha! That just might work!

Anyway, back to the Orlando gang. They were a very hard working bunch! The attendees I mean...lol. They worked so hard the first day...then played all night practicing what they learned....that by Sunday afternoon they were burnt out!! We went at it so hard that there wasn't much energy left for the more advanced stuff.

That patten has been developing for a while now on the Lewbari Weekends. So much so that I'm going to start making some interesting changes.

Change 1:
Lightening up the overall schedule. AND reinforcing what is left. Make it stick better. I teach sooooo much in two days that the average person s a little trouble remembering it all. Even WITH the class handouts.

2:
THEN I put on a second level Lewbari Weekend especially for graduates of the first level one.

Plans are already in motion for the next step in the Lewbari evolution. Ha ha!! Lewbari part Deaux!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...


Cecil and the woodshed will probably be the first to help me throw that part 2.
We are talking about another part one in Feb or March, then later in the year the first Part Deaux!! Lewbari Matrix re-evolution! Sheesh...

Sooo...here in Pensacola. Got a couple classes for the PALS group here on Saturday.

Got here early hoping to enjoy the beaches. Seems the beach frenzy here is not as frenzied as BEFORE the gulf oil spills...hmmm.... Toxicity maybe?

Anyway, after Pensacola is back to Ft. Myers for a week. Hope to pick up an abductee in Tampa along the way. I haven't been getting nearly as much of those as I wanted on this TTT. ...but then how many would be enough? lol

Looks a lot like Ft. Myers will be my wintering spot. Lots of good business and pleasure opportunities there.

Then it's off to Nashville, Kansas City, Detroit then back to Florida again, then off to Spain!. All by mid November.

Whew! One more mad traveling dash till rest time.

More soon,

Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment